an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Lusaka Free Day

We met Ellie and the Medical Mission team this morning at the Kilimanjaro. Klay and Lisa Bartee are in and they are all heading back to Namwianga Mission today. We will head out very early tomorrow morning in an attempt to make it to Livingston before dark. I think we are going to stop in Kolomo to get a letter that Ellie needs mailed in the States.

The Minister of Health is in Egypt with the President after his stroke so we could not meet with him today. That left the day to explore. We shopped through the mall at Manda Hill and I bought some books at both book stores and some bead animals ah Kufu Crafts. After lunch we decided to head to the Kabwata Culture Village where there was a local craft market.

We all found some great craft items but they sure were pushing all their wares. It was exhausting!!! I got Ian a hippo and brought back many other items. I ran out of Kwatcha and energy before I could look at everything. It certainly was not a peaceful place to visit. We are back at the hotel and will probably stay here until our departure to Livingston.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are blogging about all of this. It sounds WONDERFUL. I am claiming that precious baby by the way. I am praying that your trip continues to be a successful one and that you return safely. I know you have been blessed many times over already. I can't wait to get all of the details from you all when you return. It sounds like Fridays will be a new adventure in the CD dept. Yeah!

9:39 AM, July 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home