an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, July 04, 2008

July 4th in Livingstone

What a day! I so miss being with my family on July 4th since this is one of our big holidays. Keri went up to my Moms and she, Mom and Ian will go to St. Mary's Mountain to watch the fireworks. Ian has spent the last two weeks with my Mom helping out, I hope.

This had probably been one of the most unique 4th of Julys. It began with me having breakfast on the banks of the Zambezi River watching a crocodile swim across. from there we went to a local market and bargained. Sara loves it, but it nearly puts Beckie and me in the grave. I got some good things for our Zambia display and for some gifts. It probably took 10 years from my life however, and I don't have that many to spare.

We went to the Royal Livingstone for high tea. We thought that would be a great treat for July 4th. It was wonderful. The spread was better than anything we have encountered, even at Fortnum and Masons and the Empress. There was even a cake to celebrate the 4th. We sat in wicker chairs watching the monkeys play along the shore of the Zambezi. You could see the spray from Victoria Falls. It really was a great afternoon. I was looking for a t-shirt for Ian and they were out so they sent us to the Zambezi Sun. When we pulled up, there were Africans in tribal dress playing drums but I wasn't in a position to get a photo. As were leaving, we saw a group of zebra and were able to get some good photos.

It was a full day and were ready to head back to the Zambezi Waterfront Lodge for the evening. I have some great photos but cannot post them here. I will post them as soon as I return home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home