an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, July 04, 2008

Livingstone, I presume!

The drive from Lusaka to Livingstone has to be one of the roughest one day drives. Beckie started out as we left the Holiday Inn at 6:30. We desperately wanted to beat the traffic and we were out of Lusaka easily. We skipped the giraffe carver since we had spent most of our money the day before. We stopped at the Munali Coffee Plantation to get some gifts and then headed for our break at Tooters.

Sara took over here and Beckie moved to the back seat. I should have traded with Beckie because being so close to the shoulder made me a nervous wreck and I drove Sara crazy with my backseat driving. While she was driving, we stopped at the Choma Muesum and Craft Center where Beckie and Sara purchased some baskets and other items. Then on to Kolomo for lunch at El Pentano. We had called Ellie from Choma because she had a letter for us to take to the States to mail. Mr. Peiry heard that we were going to be there and drove in from Namwianga to see us. He is such a nice man.

I took the wheel at Zimba. Sara was doing a great job, but we were afraid that we would bust a tire, bend or break an axle or have some other damage while on the HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE road. We pulled into the Zambezi Waterfront Lodge before dark and checked into our rooms. They remind me of many of the Victorian era rooms I have stayed in in Canada and the UK. We had a wonderful dinner on the deck overlooking the Zambezi river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home