an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

On Being a Parent.

(or "OH NO, It's Parent Teacher Conference Time)

We had our first parent/teacher conference of the year this afternoon. I have really learned to dread those things because I usually take criticism of Ian as a reflection of what I haven't done correctly. This one was a pleasant surprise. I must admit that I am thrilled with his teacher this year. She is kind and gentle with him. She still expects him to behave appropriately, but seems to be actively seeking ways to make that happen. Tonight, she had suggestions about how to make him stay in his seat (something we have been working on for 9 years) and seemed to really welcome suggestions. Ian has a long way to go to attend appropriately and to finish his tasks, but his teacher is certainly motivating him.

Beckie is away from the Villa so I am not getting my Italy fix. We seem to be stuck at 26 for the Harding University in England program next Fall. We lost one and gained one. I posted flyers all over campus and even posted a Facebook ad but nothing seems to help. I really don't understand why there is so little interest in HUE. Of course we only had 28 students in 2003 and it was the perfect number for everything except finances. We need additional students to afford the things we want to do. I guess there is plenty of time but it IS getting close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home