an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Storms in Arkansas

Yesterday was a rough day for many in Arkansas (and other places I'm sure). My mother called and reported that the straight-line winds had downed 5 or 6 large trees around her house. Fortunately, none hit the house or surrounding structures. One of the trees was around 200 years old and was a huge oak. The others were smaller. I expected Mom to be totally depressed and want me to come up immediately, but she said that she was lucky and had worried so much during the storm that she was going to bed to take a nap. Ian and I had spent Thursday helping her mow, etc.

Tomorrow, Ian and I head off for a week of Boy Scout camp. I AM WAY TOO OLD FOR THIS! Woops, that just slipped out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home