an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Adventures of Dan and Ian

Micheal and Lauren arrived last night and the condo is full. I was tired last night and went to bed early and was unprepared for the sun to come streaming in the windows early this morning. I went around and closed all blinds so that everyone could sleep later than 5:30 AM.

I got my morning beach fix this morning. Of course, it took a lot more work than I am used to. However, I got dressed, made my favorite coffee (Seattle's Best Cinnabon), and hiked down to the pavilion. An hour later, I was once again calm and ready to take on the day. It is Sunday, and Ian and I are headed for Destin Church of Christ in an hour. I wonder who we will see from Searcy. We always see someone we know.

Church was GREAT! The singing was wonderful and I was very glad we went. The Destin Church only has a 120 adult members and on any given Summer Sunday has 300 or so guests, They have begun a new medical mission for Destin called Hope Mission. It really is an exciting fellowship.

Ian is flying his pirate ship kite and has made an impact on the beach. Here is a photo from our balcony. Nannie is having a hard time getting up and down the stairs, but things are going fairly smoothly. We are supposed to have "family church" this evening, but I have never managed to make that happen. It would be nice and I hope we do, but just in case, Ian and I have been!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home