an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Family Week at the Beach

It is that time again, and the Thompsons (with son-in-laws and grandchildren) find themselves in Destin, FL. Mary, Squee, Alesa and Keri have been coming for over 35 years and have stayed at Jetty East for the last 30. Unfortunately, last year Keri's mom decided that she wouldn't come again this year and so no plans were made. Keri made plans to go to Gulf Shores with some of her friends and Ian and I had planned to go to Texas to do some things. At the last minute, the Thompson Beach Trip was back on, but at the Aegean, down the beach from Jetty East. Ian and I changed our plans since I want Ian to spend as much time with his Nannie as possible.

The Aegean is a nice place, but has several disadvantages including: balconies that look down on the pool instead of the ocean and multi-level condos with the bedrooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors. This makes it difficult for Nannie (with Parkinson's) to get to her room since the stairs remind me of those in Amsterdam. Also, since my favorite part of the week was reading on the balcony overlooking the ocean, I feel kind of lost. This is the view from my room without a balcony. The balcony is two floors down without the ability to see as much ocean. This link shows our condo.

The advantages include wireless (thus the blog), an intact beach, and an immense savings when compared to Jetty East. The balcony was not worth $1000, but since I am not a beach person, I sure do miss it. It is our last Thompson Beach Trip, so we are planning to have a great time, if Nannie can get to her room and back down. The Aegean really is nice. We are just used to Jetty East!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home