an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Return of the Trumpter Swans



The Trumpeter Swans have returned to Arkansas! They arrive in November and leave in late February or early March. They began wintering near Searcy after getting blown off course during a storm years ago. This location is supposed to be as far South as Trumpeter Swans winter. When you visit the lake, they come right up to the fence and you are free to feed them corn. As you can see from the video, they are also very noisy. I have several nice longer videos but I can't seem to get them loaded. This short one will have to do. If you are anywhere nearby, it is well worth a trip to see these huge, beautiful birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home