an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Back to Portobello Road and #11

This morning we headed back to Portobello Road. It is always a fun trip on a Saturday, but we really intended to get there early. Unfortunately, it was about 10:00 before we hit the Notting Hill Gate Underground station and I knew the crowds would already be ahead of us. However, it wasn't too bad. We went into many of the shops and checked out most of the street vendors. Of course, Ian headed for the soldier man, only to discover that his mother was manning the stall. Although most of the soldiers were not there, Ian looked at the ones that were and picked out a few. We will either go back so he can get them toward the end, or I will sneak back and get some of them for him at Christmas. Keri found some old Belleek china at a great price but decided that she could do without it. I found a sepia print of London that I will go back and get before we leave. We had a great lunch and bought some excellent British Comice pears that we had read about. I sure wish we had such resources near Searcy.

Following our adventures on Portobello Road, we headed out for another one of our favorite experiences. We rode the Underground to Liverpool Street Station to catch the #11 bus. This bus heads through the heart of London. Of course we headed for the front seats of the top of the double decker bus. It was as good as we remembered as we rode by all the sites from one end of London to the other.

I really should be grading papers. As a matter of fact, if I don't, all my students will revolt. They have no water at the moment as their building is having water problems. So I guess I will sign off and do what I am supposed to be doing. I will close with one last photo. We saw this black cab and I knew Keri had to have her picture taken beside it. I'm sure it will become her ID photo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hope keri and ian want to go back there on nov. 17th!

1:48 PM, October 28, 2007  
Blogger BW said...

Bad girls, bad girls, what ya gonna do!

10:14 PM, October 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home