an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, October 15, 2007

Imperial War Museum

A.J., the grandson of Patricia Cox is visiting for awhile and Ian is so glad to have another child to interact with. Patricia was taking A.J. to the Imperial War Museum and asked if we would like to go (of course we said yes). This museum really is one of my favorite because they address each topic so well. There was a "blitz experience" where you go into a shelter during a "blitz" and listen to all the talk and interaction that would have taken place there during the blitz in 1940. Of course you also hear the bombs falling closer and closer and suddenly the shelter starts to shake. Then you exit and see what a street would have looked like and hear the "warden" describe what has happened. It was a very dramatic experience. There are also lots of artifacts that represent that period of time. Then I went to the "trench experience" and walked through a World War I trench on the battlefield in France. Also a great experience. There is a Holocaust exhibit on the upper two floors but we decided to come back when we were without children. They advised against anyone under 16 seeing the exhibit.

While finishing up at the Imperial War Museum, I received a call from one of the students wondering why I wasn't back at the computer lab to give them an exam. I now have a notebook to write everything down in so I don't have any more brain clouds. We rushed back and caught up with paperwork so that I could get my grades in today. It is only the beginning of our third week of classes so we had to give credit for a lot of the participation aspects of the HUE experience. Our mid-terms are in two more weeks.

Tomorrow we are off to Stonehenge and Bath.

4 Comments:

Blogger BW said...

I LOVE Stonehenge and Bath!!!

Do you want me to be printing off these blogs for you?

4:38 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think i may be interested in going to that museum!

5:20 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger DCT said...

I'm afraid that there are not enough hours in the day to go all the places that you two are planning to go. All I can say is that you had better be ready to hit the ground running. We are already working on a plan of attack.

5:44 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I love Stonehenge, too. Just be sure you don't stay at Matt and Tiggy's (I think that was the name of the bed and breakfast we stayed at when we went there...it was bad!!!) I decided that God just put those stones there to make everyone wonder how they got there...They are a sight to see!

10:05 PM, October 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home