an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Another Adventure

I did not have class today, so as soon as Chapel was over, we headed out again. It seems like such a shame to be here and sit in the flat so we are trying to take advantage of every minute. We headed for Twinings Tea to see the shop that have used for over 300 years. We even bought several teas to try while we are here. From there we went to St. Clement Danes Church, the Royal Air Force Church heavily damaged during the Blitz. Then to the Middle Temple Church (of DaVinci Code fame) but there was a wedding so we looked at all the women in their hats and men in top hats and tails. From there to Ye Ole Curiosity Shop mentioned by Dickens.

We can never come to London without spending time at Hamleys Toy Store. We say it is for Ian, but you can see from the picture that Keri has a pretty good time there as well. It really is a wonderful toy store with the stairway decorated with scenes from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. There are also demonstrations on each floor of all the fun toys. Well worth a visit.

Our last stop of the day was Thorntons. Absolutely the best chocolate shop in the entire world. This was our first visit as we have tried not to go every single day. However, after eating some of my favorites, I may have to go every day. We shall see.

Needless to say that my feet are so very, very tired. I bought a new pair of shoes after we arrived. I tried them on and decided that they fit well and would be comfortable. Was I ever wrong?!!!! I think I am crippled for life!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Better watch that chocolate consumption...don't want you to go into a diabetic coma...and new shoes for walking....come on Dan...you know better than that...unless they were Clarks! Glad you are having fun otherwise.

3:46 PM, October 04, 2007  
Blogger BW said...

How did you work out a day with no classes. Robbie never did that for me! How fun to just roam around. Tons of folks here at ArkSHA say Hi and to have fun.


Todays word: yoiurksg

3:51 PM, October 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

keri ~ i do plan on bringing the Holga camera, i.e. the one held together with a rubber band. although i have switched to using painters tape or electrical tape. whichever is easier to carry in the purse!
i'm really excited about taking my special pictures in london b/c for some reason i've not had it with me before when i was there.

7:21 PM, October 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home