an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

£ at Last

We have resolved the money crisis. It took some time this morning to find a bank that accepted "Plus" cards. "Cirrus" seems to be the universal standard but Simmon's has stopped using it with their new cards. I think that older cards can still use those ATMs but new cards cannot and only have "Plus" on the back. There seem to be three banks in the UK that accept "Plus" (HSBC, Lloyds, and Barclays) but not all of their ATMs are equipped to take "Plus" cards. I found one that was and it gave me money. All the people in line thought I had become a "nutter" when I did a little dance with money in my hand.

We go to see "The Merchant of Venice" at The Globe this afternoon. It is very cloudy and we groundlings may have a wet production.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

whew.
i'm so green over y'all going to the Globe. i've always wanted to see a show there!
but sara and i have our own show agenda, so we should be fine.

7:30 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger BW said...

I rechecked my card and it does NOT have Cirrus on the back. It has a random Interlink thing. I am going to lodge a protest at the bank. How can they change that and not tell us.

On a happy note. The play at the Globe sounds like fun no matter if you are wet or dry.

9:19 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

but if its a VISA check card, won't it work at any ATM that takes VISA?

12:19 PM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger DCT said...

Only if you want to pay interest for a cash advance!

1:50 PM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

So happy you got the money thing straightened out! that can be a real mess when you are so far away from home!

Also glad you got to see a play at the Globe. I've been there and it's such a neat place, but never gotten to see a play there...one day maybe...

3:50 PM, October 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home