an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ireland - Wales - English Lake Dist. - Edinburgh

We have been on the road for just one week and I feel that we left Searcy months ago. We landed in Dublin last Wednesday and I led the students on a tour of the city in the pouring rain. I finally just called it off and let them explore on their own. I'm sure they enjoyed that more anyway. Thursday, we toured the Waterford factory (with Ian actually helping detach a valuable pitcher form the blower) and Glendalough, an ancient Irish monastic community. Friday we took the ferry to Wales and toured Carnarfon (of course misspelled) Castle before heading for the Lake District. A Roman fort and wall in Northern England, a ruined Abbey in Scotland and yesterday and today the wonderful city of Edinburgh, Scotland. Tomorrow we head to York and then on to London on Thursday. We will have a pernanant address, consistent internet access, and SLEEP so I should be able to begin posting regularly.

The Hostels have been great. They are so clean and well managed. Keri and I are deciding that Hostels are the only way to go. The group is GREAT! Interesting personalities all, but a fun group. I think I will treat them all to a Ghost tour in York.

3 Comments:

Blogger BW said...

I LOVE the Ghost Tour in York. Make sure that it is a very, very dark night.

I am so glad that you all are having a good time. Can't wait for photos and more info!

4:00 PM, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

sweet!
i love york, too. its my favorite place in england and i would move there tomorrow.

don't forget the jorvik viking center. i swear rena asked me the other day what i thought of a perfume and i said it smelled like "viking". she laughed b/c she had been to the center, too.

8:33 PM, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm with Beckie. I loved the Ghost Tour in York. It was so much fun and we happened to be there in March on the very day they say the blood ran down the castle walls, making it even more erie...

I'm glad you are having a good time and I'm really glad that you are finally writing about it. I can't wait to see your posts more frequently!

9:36 AM, September 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home