an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Double Nickels

I have now reached the advanced age of some of my colleagues and friends. As Tammie said previously, it is hard to believe that we have reached that milestone. Of course, I'm not complaining. I wouldn't have been at all happy with the alternative. The sad part of this is that I did something to my back yesterday (the big day) and have been groaning around ever since. I wish I could say I was lifting Ian, or playing soccer or working in the yard, but I can't. I was brushing my teeth. BRUSHING MY TEETH!!!!!!! Can you believe it? I was reaching to put my toothbrush back in the holder and felt this pain.

Of course, one of the things that made it all better was the call from Dr. Ganus. He is the one who made the comment about reaching "double nickels". He is such a great man. I am so honored to have worked with and for him.

Thanksgiving was survived and is now the stuff of legends. When I get old (OK, when I get older) remind me that my role is NOT to make things difficult for Ian.

6 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

So funny that you mentioned not making things harder for Ian. Having working in the hospital setting, and now watching my mom try to attempt to find sitters for her parents so that they don't have to make the NH step before they want to... we had a conversation with my folks when we were home last, the... when it's time, it's time, no arguing, just move closer to one of us, and we'll do what we have to do. so glad that we are able to have those conversations now, and not years down the road when it's too late! A little morbid for some, but so realistic for me.

7:02 PM, November 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont worry ....Ian will do that for you!
Wil Skelton

7:44 PM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger BW said...

One of the best things about working at our jobs is the birthday call. If he is out of town on my day, I am seriously disappointed!

12:18 PM, November 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those calls from Dr. G are gems. This year (as last) he took the time to call me before leaving town for Africa.

Happy-birthday, again.

2:11 PM, November 30, 2006  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Happy Birthday a little late. We did take time on your birthday while we were in Italy to discuss how close your birthday was to mine and how close Beckie's and Vivian's are. We also had fun taking pictures of Flat Stanley with us in lots of places. Maybe tomorrow or the next day I'll get my blog caught up!

10:47 PM, December 01, 2006  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Time for an update DCT!

8:25 AM, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home