an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Fall Has Finally Arrived!

After a long HOT summer, the air is finally cool. I must admit that fall is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it, the colors, the air, the clothing, the holidays, etc. As a child, my mother began decorating for Halloween around the first of October. She made skeletons out of round steak bones and chicken leg bones and painted them with fluorescent paint. She had bales of hay with corn stalks and scarecrows and she worked very hard on her treats, all home made of course. The school Halloween Carnival was also a major event with each class hosting a booth or event. It was a much simpler time and one that I remember fondly. I would love to create some of those memories for Ian, but we do good to get him a costume and treats to distribute.

We three went to a movie last night. Probably not Academy Award material, and certainly not the opera as Beckie mentioned in her blog. It was great to just go out and enjoy the evening. We don't do that as often as we need to. Keri had to work today and I am desperate to get all of my papers graded and recorded before grade are due Monday. Five large classes have proven to be a little overwhelming, but I chose to do it. (Given the circumstances, I would do it again!) I am realizing how much difference there is between grading 60 papers and grading 187 papers.

I've got to get breakfast for myself and the kid. He is engaged in Pokemon in TV. I think there is an evil plot to use Pokemon to suck all the brains out of children before the grow up. It seems to be working!

2 Comments:

Blogger BW said...

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? For me it was cowgirl. I had everything except the boots. I was a deprived child and never had boots.

It is also finally time for the fall happy dance here in Florence. Germany was definately fall and even long sleeved turtle neck time.

As for the classes...next fall you will have far fewer papers to grade AND the fall happy dance will start much sooner.

12:29 PM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I always had cowboy boots but they weren't a costume...they were a part of everyday farm life...And I don't remember much about Halloween. We lived so far out in the country no one ever came to our house to trick or treat.

btw, dan, viv photos are now on my blog!

9:12 PM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home