an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Yes Sir, Mr. Riviera!


I gave Jack the poster of the professional wrestling match staring Matt Riviera this morning. I found it on the window of a KFC when Mom and I went out for Sunday lunch. Although I had heard about him before, seeing the poster caught me by surprise. Brenda showed me his website. I wanted the poster for Jack because not everyone has a student who works on the Professional wrestling circuit. He has a "bad boy" image but he seems like such a quiet person when I see him in the hall. Now I know that he can beat the snot out of me if he wants to and I'm practicing my response now, "Yes sir, Mr. Riviera, I think you should get an A!"

HU now has an FM radio station with an eclectic mix of music. One can hear classical music, jazz, show tune, 50s-present hits, and WWII music all within the same hour. I actually enjoy it and keep the station in my office tuned in. Ian just loves it. He wants me to put the radio on the Bible station so he can hear the accapella religious music which they play in the evenings and on Sunday. He sings along with those he knows and asks me about those he doesn't. One of the benefits of attending HA is interest and I want to do everything to encourage this.

It is time to grade the laryngeal models that my students have turned in for Anatomy. They are all great, but some have personalities of their own. One looks like a Viking helmet and one looks like the wooden cutout of the granny bent over found in many gardens. Unfortunately, one student made theirs out of play-dough and it has drooped into a big puddle. I did warn them that play-dough doesn't work. I have them all on the conference room table in the Clinic. I had better get them graded and out of there before I get in trouble. Never a dull day in Searcy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

You Jack actually has this guy in his class? Wonder if he's a Republican? (Did I say that?)

Vivian has resigned herself to having her head shaved. I don't think she really thought they would ever raise $10000! But she is being a good sport about it. I called the family that is here in the hospital today. They had downloaded the newscast from Mobile last night and watched it. The little patient was tickled to death!

6:36 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

oh the days of laryngeal models...i actually kept mine for awhile because i was so proud of it. i would enjoy seeing a picture of all the models on the clinic table. ;)

2:31 AM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home