an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Care Group Hayride

I must admit that care group meetings are not always the most exciting events of the year, but we had a great one tonight. Earlier today I posted that this is my favorite time of the year. Well, tonight supports that feeling. The care group meeting consisted of a chili cookoff and a pumpkin carving contest. I bet that there were twenty big pots of chili to choose from and all were great along with all the other accompaning treats. We ate ate on the patio of this wonderful log cabin with views of the surrounding hills and forests. Following the cookoff, we had a pumpkin carving contest. Although my photo is poor, the Harding Bison pumpkin won. There was also a Harding swing along with the many traditional entries.

We then loaded up for a hayride. It was great fun. Even the people who usually don't say much were laughing and telling funny stories. This is the way care groups are supposed to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Who did that neat Bison pumpkin? I wouldn't mind having one of those myself! Great family photo, too!

9:14 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger DCT said...

I can't remember who did it unfortunately.

6:59 AM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home