an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, November 06, 2006

Grizzlies & Jets

We had an exciting weekend. Ian won a trip to the Grizzlies (professional basketball) game in Memphis as a reward for his magazine sales at HA. We were proud of him (thank you purchasers) and Keri and I went with him to his game. We rode a bus to Memphis for the game and returned to Searcy Friday night near midnight. Ian was so proud of taking us to the game.

Unfortunately, Keri had to work Saturday so Ian and I went to the Little Rock Air Force Base 2006 Air Show. We have tried to go every year, and I must admit that this was the best. Ian was fascinated with every single detail of every single plane (and we toured them all). He watched with fascination each demonstration and took several hundred pictures, including this one of the Navy Blue Angels. I have seldom seen him as excited. I just sat down and let him watch to his hearts content while I watched him. I wish Keri could have been there. She would have enjoyed it.

Keep us in your prayers as we continue to deal with health issues!

3 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

i have seen the airforce planes so many times through the years as my grandpa is retired air force, but never through the eyes of a child. How amazing it is to experience things anew through our children!

3:35 PM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy took his young ones also...said Jesse was fascinated! Sorry we didn't get to see Ian on Halloween. We had very few that made it by. I have some cute photos I'll dig out of Ian as a pea pod! Just found out this was here...nice entries.

12:12 AM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm sorry we didn't get to see you went you were in Memphis. I am glad that Ian had fun though. Just a few more days until we get to leave for Rome!

10:20 AM, November 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home