an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, October 30, 2006

An End of an Era.

I went to Dr. Joe's memorial service today. It was very appropriate in that it was a celebration. The Harding Alma Mater played as we viewed photos. Dr. Ganus talked about all his years here. I wanted there to be something else. WHAT? I don't know! Later in the day, I looked around campus at all the students running every where and I realized that they never knew Dr. Joe. They never knew the overall impact that he had on this campus. There is probably no single individual who has influenced as many different aspects of Harding as Dr. Joe. He was involved with the year book, athletics, academics, etc. He will be missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

AMEN to that! And I wonder how Bessie Mae will make it by herself with Jody. They were in my thoughts and prayers often. I should have let them know. Who will understand when someone makes a chapel announcement and puts the emphasis on the wrong syllabal? (SP?) How will anyone ever learn about physical science? Who will people go to when their schedules have been messed up by some advisor who didn't quite know what they were doing and Dr. Joe could always find a loop hole to help you graduate on time? He was a wonderful man!

2:26 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger DCT said...

Tammie, you said that so well. Neale Pryor said yesterday that as long as any of us were around that he helped and that remembered him, he would live on here at Harding. He is better off now, but I am so sad for all of those walking around campus that never "experienced" Harding with Dr. Joe.

3:10 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger BW said...

Thanks for writing about him. What a special man. I didn't hear about his death until Monday evening (my time). He is the person who let me out of that Geography class that I couldn't finish and still found a way for me to graduate. Have you forgiven me for that yet????

2:58 PM, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home