an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Homecoming/ArkSHA/Life at Home!


Another Homecoming has come and gone. We all really had a good time and it was GREAT seeing everyone. Of course, we really missed Tammie and Tim, Beckie and Vivian. Of course we gossiped about them a lot, and we were all jealous of Beckie in Munich, but we made the most of it. Ian and I decided to go to the bonfire, something I haven't done in years. It is fun to view events through the eyes of a child. As is pictured, he helped himself to a smore and was a hit with the college crowd. The tailgate was small but fun and many stopped by to visit. The game was exciting and we won by an interception and a touchdown during overtime. Quite a shoe for homecoming. "Fiddler on the Roof" was also good. They did something funny with the fiddler, but Craig was enjoyable and the students did very well. It seems appropriate somehow that Dr. Joe died on Friday night of homecoming. He was so much a part of Harding and he will be missed. I hope they come up with a memorial to him similiar to the one they are planning for Uncle Bud.

ArkSHA was also GREAT! Jennifer did a wonderful job and I enjoyed not having any responsibilities except showing up for my presentation and collecting CEUs. I even stayed at a cheap motel away from the convention center and didn't even have to worry about money. About 10 or 11 students came from Harding and I went to eat with them Friday night. I had forgotten how much I enjoy enteracting with students away from the classroom. Becky decided not to go (we had already cancelled all classes and therapy).

The 9 year old in this house is so excited about Halloween. He and him Mom have been decorating and getting candy. From the looks of it, we are expecting approximately one million trick-or-treaters. It should be fun.

We just found out this afternoon that Ian was adopted. Someone called to cancel an appointment and told us that one of the reasons they loved Ian so much was that he was adpoted just like their kids. I corrected them just so they would know but told them that we had been planning to adopt. We were surprised when she told us who had told her that he was adopted. Harding is indeed a small world, but not as small as some like to think!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I bet Keri loved learning that Ian was adopted...the pain if childbirth and recovery is really different when you adopt!
I'm glad homecoming was fun. Looks like Ian really enjoyed that Smores...haven't had one myself in ages and it's just as good that Vivian and I weren't there since you had already dismissed your classes anyway. What would we have done all day on Friday?

7:14 PM, October 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home