an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2007 - Ready-Set-Go

12th Night has come and gone and the race has started. It was a wonderful celebration and many old friends came from all over the country. It was the last celebration in Little Rock as we move on to other adventures. That gave everything a touch of sadness. The headline in the full page coverage in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette said "Twelfth Night Revelers Say Goodnight to Annual Ball." Of course, I would not have chosen the word "revelers" for obvious reasons, although it is a typically used 15th Century word. Many of our friends are gathering in North Carolina this Summer but as we plan to head to England for the Fall Semester, I'm afraid we are going to miss it. As the paper mentioned, out kilts and tartan will be packed away for awhile.


Another exciting event has been Ian's participation in the local community theatre production of The Wizard of Oz. He has had such a good time. He wanted to be a flying monkey, but they asked him to be a munchkin. I told him he would always be a flying monkey to me. We'll see what he says after he thinks about it awhile. He has done a good job. It does amaze me that a child that will entertain everyone at the drop of a hat will get "stagefright" when he is supposed to be entertaining. It is indeed a "puzzlement." He has asked to participate in Kidstage again this Spring so he may have "caught the bug." Both of his Grandmothers were able to come see him which meant a lot to him. His favorite "Aunts" were also in attendance.
Everyone needs to keep Beckie in your prayers. For those of you who don't know her, she has taken over the Directorship of the Communication Sciences and Disorders Program as we move toward a Master's degree. I am so glad that she was able to do that as I needed to slow down a little. She has an enormous amount of work to do and I will keep her in my prayers. I'll also help in any way I can (hear that Beckie?".

6 Comments:

Blogger BW said...

I will be thankful for any and all prayers, but you will still be "involved!"

8:50 AM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I don't think you're going to get off too very easily, Danny boy...but Rebecca Jane will do a great job! How cute Ian looks! Wish I had known that he was going to be in that production. Did you make a video? I'm still trying to figure out how to get to London sometime this fall...just haven't figureded it out yet...Let me get these Boards taken and my Ghana trip over then I'll concentrate on London more.

4:28 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

By the way, Dan and Keri look great in the photo, too!

7:36 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger DCT said...

Tammie, we're counting on it. We can all have such a good time, but Keri will have all kinds of things to show you!! Hope it works out.

6:54 PM, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

an elf with attitude....makes my heart! maybe, he can give me some pointers for this fall musical. Im so glad he is catching the theater bug. It'll bring a life time of joy.
Wil Skelton

10:27 PM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

OK, Guys, time for an update!

8:41 PM, March 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home