an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Official London Tour

This morning we headed off to Church. It is always such an adventure to get there and this morning some of the Underground lines were not running. Jacqueline knew her way around and we arrived in about an hour. The members were very welcoming and we really felt like we were back home. Afterwards we went to ASDA (the UKs version of WalMart) and ate lunch and picked up some additional food supplies.

At 1400 (2:00 pm for most of us) we met our coach driver, Tony and the tour guide for our planned tour of London. Suze Bower, an old friend from several years ago, gave us her usual great tour. It was so good to see her. They had not told her that we were back and she really was excited to see Ian again. She and Tony both spoke very highly of Harding faculty and students. That is always good. BTW, if anyone ever wants THE BEST TOUR GUIDE IN LONDON, you can get her number from me!

I made a list of places for us to go and to take Sara and Reagan when they come. Things are looking up as we get more rested. We even had all the students up to our flat tonight for a birthday party. We had the living room packed and students were sitting on the beds in both bedrooms. It went well. I really think that this getting together with the faculty is what makes this program work. I really don't think that a "group dinner" out at some restaurant does anything for that, but as the saying goes, "I just work here."

I teach tomorrow and have a rough day ahead of me. I also need to squeeze time in to call my bank and figure out why my ATM card does not work. We are getting very, very, VERY short of funds.

3 Comments:

Blogger BW said...

Oh, no! what can I do to help the ATM situation? I can wire funds!

4:35 PM, September 30, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Oh dear! That ATM thing is NOT fun! That happened to Beckie when we were in Rome last Thanksgiving...I'll be praying that get worked out really fast!

Sounds like you are having a great time reconnecting with people there. Isn't it a wonderful feeling for them to be glad to see Harding students and faculty again?!?

6:33 PM, September 30, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

sara and i will see and do everything you suggest and want to drag us.

we also have our own lists! i should email it to you, too.

9:48 PM, September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home