an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Afternoon at The Globe

This afternoon we were "groundlings" at The Globe to see The Merchant of Venice. Unfortunately, it sprinkled on us from time to time but we really enjoyed the play. Their interpretation made it very pleasant to watch. Once again, I decided that I am too old to stand the entire play so next time I will plan on sitting. Of course, everyone needs the experience of being a "groundling" at The Globe. I think all the students really enjoyed it.

Afterwards, we walked to Wagamamas, a Japanese noodle bar. The ten or twelve of us enjoyed our meals very much (not to mention the chance to sit down). We enjoyed it the last time we were in London, but I must admit that it was much cheaper four years ago.

It's nice to have our Oyster Cards (the tube and bus pass) so that we can go wherever and whenever we want. It allows countless adventures. I must wait until after my class tomorrow. Responsibilities sure get in the way!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I am so excited that you are keeping your blog updated...it's almost as good as being there with you!

3:51 PM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

should sara and i get oyster cards before we get there?

8:45 PM, October 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home