an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ian's Day

After class today (this was my teaching day), we headed out on an adventure. Ian wanted to go to the "lead" soldier stores we remembered from our last visit and it took us awhile to find them. They were as wonderful as we remembered. Ian is planning to spend the money he has so carefully saved on soldiers for his collection. He is being very wise and looking at everything before he decides exactly what he will buy. We discovered that there will be the world's largest toy soldier show here in London on December 1. We will need to figure some way to go before we head off to Florence.

After the soldier stores we saw some of our favorite places. Of course the food court at Fortnum and Masons is a must. We like it even better then the one at Harrods, but we will go there as well. We also went to Hatchard's Book Sellers. It has lots of signed, first editions and everything else. It also is a must-see. They had a book that I intend to go back and purchase later. They have several signings as our semester continues.

The students have already taken in several premiers at Leicester Square. I will find out tomorrow what stars they have seen. They have also seen several shows here in the West End and have lists as long as my arm of shows yet to see. It is so costly here that I don't know how they do it.

To end our outing, we spent time by the Canadian Monument in Green Park. Ian played with the pigeons while we rested and Keri and I just laughed. I thought I would post my primitive attempt to video it with my camera. Have a laugh yourself!



2 Comments:

Blogger BW said...

1. You have figured out how to post a video?! I am so impressed!
2. Ian has a new talent for the next HA Talent Show!
3. I am so happy that you three can just sit, watch and play with the pigeons!

4:12 PM, October 03, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Ian is so funny! I can't wait to see him do the pigeon dance in person!

9:33 PM, October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home