an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stonehenge and Bath

Stonehenge was impressive as it always is. I had warned all the students that it seems much smaller than one would expect because we always see it on the telly (how's that for "Brit Speak") or pictures without people around. Once you adjust to that fact, it is wonderful to see. Of course, a major highway runs right beside Stonehenge so it is always surprising to see cars racing by as you stand there looking. It was rainy and Jacqueline said that was better because it is somehow strange to see it in the bright sunlight. We have yet to go to Avesbury, the town within a smaller stone circle.

Bath was also wonderful, but would have been better in the sunlight. Several of my pictures have rain spots right in the middle. Ian and I toured the Roman baths and I always recommend that everyone do that. It is one of the best Roman restoration I've seen. Ian really liked it again and he even tasted the water this time. It was minerally but not full of sulfur. Afterwards, we walked through the wonders of Bath. The last bridge in the United Kingdom with shops built out over the water is here in Bath. I have always missed that before but we explored it this time. There were river boats on the canal and we've always wanted to rent one of those as well. Maybe someday.

3 Comments:

Blogger BW said...

The blogs printed out just fine.
They will be in the mail tomorrow/later today.

11:24 PM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I want to go to Bath! One day I will...just one more thing to add to my list of places to visit before I die.


Tim got a call from a dentist in England today about working with him in Las Vegas in November at the American Academy of Implant Dentistry Meeting. Tim will be introducing him and working his seminar with him. On Saturday night that week, Tim will recieve his Diplomat credential which is the highest you can recieve in the AAID.

6:27 PM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think this is a store you and keri will want to visit! i plan on stopping by here!

http://www.agold.co.uk/default.asp

11:09 AM, October 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home