an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Mary Poppins

This morning I stood in line at the TKTS in Leicester Square and walked away with discounted tickets to Mary Poppins. This was one of the shows that we really wanted to see and we realized that time was getting away from us so we thought we had better go today. I actually walked from our flat to Leicester Square and then walked from there to Piccadilly Circus, then up Regents Street, then down Oxford Street to our flat. It was a nice walk and very easy to do in a couple of hours.

We were seated in the floor, eleven rows from the front, right in the middle. They were perfect seats (they better be considering the cost). Mary Poppins was a wonderful surprise. It really was a great show and worth every penny (or pence). We were all enthralled from the beginning to the end. The rolls of Mary and Bert were played by Scarlett Strallen and Gavin Creel. I have a hard time imagining a better match for these rolls. I would certainly recommend this show to anyone coming to London. You had better come quickly because it is closing here on January 12 and heading out for a tour. I'm really glad we saw it here. It really is a perfect show to see in London!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

we got our tickets! we got one for keri, too....she had asked sara to do so.

7:30 AM, November 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home