an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, October 29, 2007

Here's to a Calm Day!

Today was a calm, uneventful day. It was a pleasant way to spend a Monday. I was in charge of Chapel and had worked on "Be Thou My Vision" as my theme. I had a vocal Gaelic version by Moya Brennen (Enya's sister) and slides of Slane, Tara, Kells and Glendalough as well as the history of the song. Then we were going to sing it (in English). Unfortunately, it took awhile to get the computer to work and no one seemed as in to it as I did. Oh well, another day in London.

When I returned to the flat, we headed out to get tickets at TKTS for Mary Poppins. However, it appears that there is no matinee today, so maybe Thursday. So we walked around Leicester Square, Chinatown, New Oxford Street ending up at Sainsburys on Tottenham Court Road to get groceries. From there back to the flat. From a major tourist attraction standpoint, today was a washout. But as far as a calm, easy day is concerned, it was a blessing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Everybody needs a day like that sometimes!

9:07 PM, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home