an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Strange Sunday Morning

We had a strange morning at the Wembley congregation . As I have mentioned before, we go to Wembley for both class and services because we want Ian to get to know kids his age there. This morning we had a great class about separating Biblical teaching from personal interpretation. Following class, the services began with singing and prayer. Then we had Communion and when the sermon was about to start, John Griffiths, the preacher, announced that he didn't have a sermon prepared and he then asked all visitors to leave while he talked to the members. Considering some of us had traveled for at least an hour to get there, it seemed inappropriate. I guess something serious is going on. We discussed it in Bible class tonight and I asked the students to pray for the Wembley congregation. We shall see what is happening when we return next week.

After lunch, Keri, Ian and I went to the Bayswater Road Market (art along Hyde Park) to find something for our London wall. I couldn't decide so I walked away with three watercolor prints and one original, several by John Burrows. His winter at Canterbury Cathedral was one of my favorite and since we were here this past Tuesday, I had to have a print. Check out his website linked above.

Tonight we had classes. We must do the required in order to pay for the fun things. We have a busy week ahead of us with Opening of Parliament, Greenwich, Cabinet War Rooms, a medieval feast at Hatfield House, and the Lord Mayors Parade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home