an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Cold Winter's Day

Ian always wants snow and this year he seems to be getting his wish. This past Thursday night, our area was under a Winter Storm Warning. The storm stretched from the Oklahoma to the East coast. Fortunately, we received very little freezing rain. However, we did get a base layer of sleet followed by about three inches of snow. It was just enough to allow a great snowman, followed by a fierce snowball fight. Keri and Ian carefully made a wonderful snowman, touching it up with my hat, Keri's scarf, a carrot nose, and coal eyes and buttons taken from my grandparent's barn.

The following snowball fight was something to behold. I'm sure the neighbors all came to their windows to see what was happening. We all had such a good time. I'm sure Ian will remember it for the rest of his life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy B. Eckardt said...

I am an 88 year widow (832 N. 6th St. #109, Sheboygan Wiscpnsin.) My daughter is at Oxford for a time with her husband who is doing research. I have been trying to locate Suze Bower for several years. She was the tour guide for Blythe Spirits, a group with which my husband and took four different tours (1989, 1993, 1995, and 1996) to various parts of England. You're right that she's THE BEST TOUR GUIDE IN LONDON! My daughter found your web site with the story about your London tour in September 2007 with a photo of Suze! You said that you have her number. I would love to have my daughter contact her. Plus I would like to write to her. My daughter is Nancy A. Eckardt (husband, Dr. Simon Tavener), address 1 Wharf House, Juxon Street Oxford OX2 6DU. My email is n.eckardt@charter.net. Thanks for any information. Hoping to hear from you. Nancy B. Eckardt

6:48 PM, March 07, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home