an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cake and Chibwantu

Here are a couple more photos from our trip to Kasibi this past Sunday. Here is a photo of Leonard's cake made especially for our visit to his village. Here is also a photo of a lady serving chibwantu (a drink made with roots and cornmeal) to some villagers. None of us tried it because it didn't look too appetizing. It is a staple in rural Zambia, especially around this area.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Liz E. said...

I LOVE Leonard's cakes! I remember one time we came back from a trip to "Fellowship Cake" and another time, the cake had apple in it so the frosting writing simply said "Apple Cake." (And don't worry, you are not missing ANYTHING by not trying Chibwantu....just think watery oatmeal...that doesn't taste like oatmeal.)

(I was a part of the Fall '09 HIZ group)

12:21 AM, June 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home