an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, June 14, 2010

Friday, June 11

(I am still unable to get on the internet to post any news, so I will start documenting this so I can post it when I do regain access.) I must mention the incredible game of Risk that has just been concluded in the Hamby House. Ellie found this game in the crate of items shipped over and Ian suggested that they all play. The power had gone out and Keri, Ian, Ellie and Kell started a game. The pieces were small and the candlelight made it difficult for me to see the pieces so I just sat back and watched. I have never heard such laughter and heard such stories. Every country Ellie landed in, we demanded a story of one of her trips there. Ian ended up winning. It was only after he took position of “the world” did he admit that he was a “ringer”. He had played frequently at Camp Tahkodah. The game and stories lasted for hours and the power didn’t come back on until the end. One of those nights to remember here in Zambia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home