an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Africa, Africa

I have been unable to get internet for more than a minute or two for the last several days. I don’t know whether the rain has caused the problem or something else. I just know that I am having a difficult time communicating with Keri and when there is no communication, the worry begins.

Ian headed off to school again today. I took him to Eric’s House so that he could walk with all the students, but he has to be there at 6:15. I just sat there and watched as they all walked down the deeply rutted African road headed to school. I am so glad that Ian is having this experience. He will never think about the world and other people the same way again.

I arrived at my class today only to discover that it has been moved from 10:00 Tuesday, Thursday and Friday to 14:00 on those same days. It would have been nice to know and we have a conflict with our time at the Haven, but this is how it is done here.

If you can’t tell, I’m having one of those low days. I should have known that it was going to be one of those days when I couldn’t get the alarm set on the Land Cruiser. At 6:45 this morning, it went off. I just hope all the neighbors were already up!

I continue to spiral! When I arrived for my class, I discovered that it had been reschedules for the rest of the term. Then when I arrived and set up my PowerPoint at 2:00, the power went off. Can you imagine teaching anatomy of the vocal mechanism to a class whose primary language is Tonga without pictures. I think I'm going to take to the bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home