an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Zumba Isolation!

Last night everyone wanted to go back to their house to chill and Zumba (some sort of exercise program) which left Ian at odds. After several card games, and journaling, he got out his DS and played awhile.

This morning we walked to the Sunday service at Johnson Auditorium where we spent two and a half hours. They didn't have their children's worship this morning so our gang sat in the back with laps full of children. Ian found his friend David and sat with him. We were on our own for lunch (leftovers) and after cleanup, most headed back to their house. Ian desperately wanted to go to Eric's House to play with David so I took him for the afternoon. I'm really trying to be the dad of an almost 13 year-old, but it is hard. Here we are in the middle of Southern Provence, Zambia, and I'm letting my son head off with a virtual stranger. Needless to say, I haven't gotten much done. I'm going back to pick him up at 4:30. He hopes to go to school with David in the next several days. I hope it works out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Zumba*

3:11 PM, May 23, 2010  
Anonymous Mrs. McMenamy said...

The feeling never ends but gets better. After seeing all three children go off to far places, because of their desires such as the military or higher Education(Harding) on mission trips Paraguay, Brazil and now Africa. I realize the love I have for them is nothing compared to the love God has for them.
Thank you for having faith in God that he will protect Ian. In return as Ian experiences God's community of people in Africa may he be given sight on how he can help to futher God's kingdom in the future.

3:57 PM, May 23, 2010  
Blogger DCT said...

Ian looks like he is having a good time. Alesa and Mother now have your blog up and are following your every move. I wish your mom had email. See you soon, Keri

10:27 PM, May 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home