an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We Have Arrived!

It is now 4:34 am and I am working on this blog instead of sleeping. As in all travels, it will take me awhile to adjust to Zambian time. Speaking of which, I have changed my clock to reflect the time at Namwianga. Still no photos to post, but check out some of the linked blogs below and you will see other takes on the last several days. There is just no getting around the fact that it is hard to get here. (OK, so I didn't have to beat my way through the bush like Livingstone and Stanley, but it is still difficult by modern standards.)

We are driving on to Namwianga Mission today so we will be able to settle in tonight and remain in one spot for awhile. We will need to drive to Livingstone (where we had the 7 missing bags sent on to) to retrieve luggage withing the next several days. Poor Lacey lost both hers but each of the other 5 received one of their bags.

Ian is fascinated with everything! Given a little encouragement, he will hang in there no matter what. Hopefully, I'll get some good photos today to post. I did want to post this one of the bathroom freebees. Where else would you find shampoo, body wash, lotion, and insect repellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home