an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, May 14, 2010

Zambia Bound!

On Sunday morning, Ian and I will board a van to begin our trip to Namwianga Mission, Zambia. We have been looking forward to this trip for so long but I must admit that we are not yet ready. The blogs of our students suggest that they are packed and ready to go. Do you realize what this does to my panic level. It looks like an all-nighter Saturday night.

Lacey has posted our itinerary on her blog but I will post it here as well. Check her "schedule" for more detail. As with all our previous adventures, feel free to lurk to keep up with our adventures but I would also love to hear from you. Either post your responses here, or send me an email. I think Ian will also be posting here so it should be fun to see the perspectives of a 12 year old as he sees Africa for the first time. I am also adding additional blogs about our trip. Just check my links. We are flying Ethiopian Airlines from D.C. to Lusaka and back. Hopefully that will be better then my last trip on Delta.

Tentative Schedule

May 16 - van to Memphis, flight to Atlanta and then on to D.C., overnight in D.C.

May 17 - flight to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia via Rome, Italy

May 18 - continue on to Lusaka, Zambia via Harrie, Zimbabwe, overnight in Lusaka

May 19 - drive to Namwianga

May 26 - drive to Livingston to catch "moonbow" over Victoria Falls

May 27 - return to Namwianga

June 19 - "high tea" at the Royal Livingstone in Livingstone

June 20 - safari in Chobe National Park, Botswana

June 21 - Victoria Falls and Zambezi River (where my blog photo was taken)

June 22 - return to Namwianga

June 23 - drive to Lusaka

June 24 - flight back to States (reverse itinerary)

June 25 - arrive Memphis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home