an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Long Road Home

Victoria Falls on a full moon is definitely worth the trip. The moonbow was not as majestic as I had expected but it was still spectacular. Just to know that few people have ever seen one and to be at the falls with almost no one else around made the trip worthwhile. Beckie asked everyone if it was something we needed to do with each group and everyone said yes. It cost around $30 per person to get in, and we plan to go back later, but everyone still thinks it was worth it. Several people were able to take photos but I was not. Maybe I can get one from someone.

Breakfast at the Portea was great and Ian and I walked down to the Falls Park Shopping Center to check out the craft shop. It actually was all the street vendors who have moved into an empty shop. It was great to see them. Ian was a little whelmed when they swarmed him but hopefully he will get used to it. I told him to look around and we will go back and shop when we return to Livingstone next month. We purchased some groceries for Leonard and new bungie cords and a tarp so that we could put our backpacks on the roof. That relieved some space issues but many were sick with upset stomachs so it was a long trip back. Before we left Livingstone, I had to find some eggs for Leonard (the SuperSpar was out) so I drove down the street to the Shoprite. They were more modern and had some 2010 Worldcup stuff and Ian got a water bottle.

Back into our routine because we plan to make up for our missed Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. We will be exhausted by next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home