an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Livingstone

We worked half a day and then loaded up Khaki Jackie to head for Livingstone. Unfortunately, I kept intending to warn everyone about my "insulin reactions" but demonstrated one today. We had run around all morning. I went to class only to discover that my class is Tuesday, Thursday and Friday morning at 10:00 and Math is Wednesday. That gave me time to transport someone trying to complete some paperwork for a child whose mother died giving birth and who arrived at the Haven this morning. Ian again helped with the infant motor exercises and feeding. By lunch I was out of glucose and sweating like I was back in Arkansas. Ian took care of me and explained to everyone why I was not making any sense.

We are staying at the Portea here in Livingstone, a short walk from the Falls Park Shopping Area. It is a really great hotel. Unfortunately, it looks like many of the shops have closed, but we got Ian some pizza and shopped in the SuperSpar for some snacks. The bookstore that had all the Zambian, Southern Africa and British books has closed. I was really looking forward to buying some. I did buy a great Zambia flag chitange in the gift shop for K30,000. It sounded like a lot but when I realized that it was $5.87, I went for it.

We will head to see the moonbow at Victoria Falls tonight. I hope it is worth the trip and the extra expense. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home