an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, May 31, 2010

Zambian School Day


Ian really wanted to go to school while he was here and we were able to work that out for today. The only problem is that school is supposed to begin at 7:00 and go until 12:00. It was hard getting up and getting him there but we made it in plenty of time. School also runs on Zambian time. It was thrilling to see Ian headed off to chapel with David’s arm around his shoulder, a blonde haired white boy amid a sea of Zambians. I hope he has a GREAT day.

It really rained yesterday. I am so used to being here in the “dry” season that the rain was refreshing. There were puddles right afterwards, but not enough to remain as a breeding-ground for mosquitoes.


Ian figured out that the Zambian K50 note was equal to 1 U.S. cent. I thought that it would make a good photo so I set it up.


The power just went off again. Leonard is busy making breakfast for everyone so we shall see what happens. Never a dull moment in Zambia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home