an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, June 07, 2010

Follow-the-Leader!

Keri's flight has left Washington, D.C. and is on its way to Africa, via Rome. I just talked to her early this morning and she had made it to the hotel in Virginia successfully.

Ellie just returned from Livingstone where she picked up Kell. He used miles and had to put together five different segments. Even his luggage made it! He sounds glad to be back in Zambia.

We discovered that there has been a Scout Troop here at Namwianga for many years and Ian went to Mr. Perri's office to make contact. He is supposed to see Mr. Perri tomorrow for the specifics, but we must head off to Lusaka to get Keri. Mr. Perri and Ian discussed the need for a biology teacher here at Namwianga and Ian has decided to come here and fill that role.

I got up early this morning and sat on the back porch with my book and cup of coffee. Here I was, sitting in Sub-Saharan Africa as the sun came up and I heard a bagpipe playing an old Scottish tune. It was only there for a minute, and then it was gone. Just when I decided that I had imagined it, I heard it again. I decided that it was a ring tone for someones cellphone. It was still a strange experience.

Here is a photo of a strange phenomenon we just witnessed. A line of caterpillars just marched across the sidewalk. It was at least 5 or 6 feet long. We were warned that they were poisonous and not to touch them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know is this will go, but will try. Nothing much happening but same from next door.

Glad you had a good trip over, our prayers answered, now we go for the bugs and snakes leaving you all alone.

I went to Dr Sallae yesterday, he repeated again that was nothing we coulkd do about P.D. and it would get worse and would have to try to keep pain under control. but I KNEW that but he feels back & legs from lower back.

11:04 AM, June 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home