an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Happy Birthday Rachel


Ian decided not to go to school today, so he, Beckie and I headed to town after we dropped everyone off at the Haven. The purpose of the trip was to locate the Zambian Immigration Office and make sure that they were going to be open on June 17, the day we must renew our Visas. It was difficult to find and required a trip through the market. I found several nice chitanges but had to pay K40,000 ($7.89) for three. They were Zambian Crest and a Catholic Womens Association. I am very interested in the political and organizational chitanges. While we were in town, I had to take a picture of the ATM limits. They have recently been raised from K5 Million to K10 Million. Just the mention of those numbers put me in a spasm.


Today is Rachel's Birthday. Leonard made her a GREAT cake and had ice cream. We are lucky! We have a birthday on each of the remaining Wednesdays. Keri will be here to celebrate Ian's. I hope we can swing a Leonard cake for him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keri gave me the address to your blog and I am so thankful she did because I love seeing those cakes! How wonderful for Rachel...not too many people have that experience. Praying for the group and those you all touch with the hands and heart of God. - Amy Baker

10:50 PM, June 03, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home