an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Another Cobra (Ian)

Today while I was walking to the Haven I met this guy named Gift (his first name). As we walked out of the front gate of Eric's house Gift pointed to a snake on the fence and yelled "cobra". He and his buddy grabbed a hand full of stones, his buddy went to one side of the fence and Gift the other. then they started throwing stones at the snake. The snake kept dodging so Gift got a stick and flipped the snake up in the air and on to the road. He held the snake on to road with the stick while his buddy stoned the cobra. Finally they killed it and threw it to the birds. It was like the one David killed last week. We didn't see the spread hood, but everyone called it a cobra.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I said no more snake encounters! Especially ones flying through the air! No climbing trees, sitting under trees, etc. Do I need to bring a snake stick with me? How about a shotgun??????
Ian, no more snakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:38 PM, June 03, 2010  
Blogger DCT said...

Can anyone guess that this is Ian's Momma?

11:21 PM, June 03, 2010  
Blogger DCT said...

I have been informed that the snake is a "spitting cobra". Mrs. Hamby casually mentioned that she had one in her house in February. It took me a moment to realize that she is talking about this house. I am sitting on the bed with my feet up under me. I am having a hard time adjusting to that bit of news.

11:30 PM, June 03, 2010  
Anonymous Mike James said...

I'm trying to picture you sitting on a bed, thinking there might be a snake underneath! Get a big stick, Dan.

7:45 PM, June 04, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home