an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Lazy Saturday

This is the first day of our trip that did not have a tightly packed schedule. We even told Leonard that we would be responsible for our own breakfasts so we could sleep late. That meant different things to different people but everyone had a chance to catch up on their sleep. The only things planned for today involved lunch and a 2:30 trip to Kalomo.

Ellie Hamby has arrived and the pace of life has certainly picked up. She arrived around 21:00 Thursday night and there has been a constant stream of people through ever since. I certainly see why she is considered a mover and a shaker here in Zambia. I helped her unpack several crates of food and other items, many of which we will use. Still no word about our crate. It is with 4 others and has arrived in Mozambique but who knows when it will arrive here. Ellie said that she was glad to be back in Zambia. She referred to it as the real Africa. I've heard a number of people refer to Zambia in that way. I have heard a swarm of "African bees". Everyone just says to avoid them. I wonder if these are the "killer bees" we hear so much about in the States.

Here is a new photo of Hamilton. He is doing much better now that he is eating. That first day or two I wasn't sure he would make it but he has been blessed by all your prayers. Another little is struggling today. Kelly is having a hard time breathing. She is also a preemie and they are trying to keep her going. With your prayers, they may succeed. Death is a day-by-day occurrence here in "the real Africa."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home