an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, June 21, 2010

Victoria Falls (in the daylight)

We are all getting tired so many decided to sleep in this morning. Of course, I could not do that so I rousted out Keri and Ian. We ate a wonderful (made-to-order) breakfast, picked up a couple of other early risers and headed to the market on the main street in Livingstone. We checked out the tailor and found some wonderful items but I decided Ba Moono had made all we needed. We then hit the market. It is certainly more intense than the other markets we have been to but I did OK. Keri was overwhelmed. Ian did fine (but of course he wants at least one of everything).

We went to Kubu Crafts and Ian found a great soccer player made out of soda caps. We all met at the Shoprite car park for the lunch we had purchased at Wonder Bake. Then it was off to Victoria Falls.

Victoria Falls really is one of the most spectacular sites I have ever seen. Because the water is higher then I have seen it in the past, the spray was covering everything. The raincoats Keri brought were very useful. Ian, of course, had to see everything and got very wet. He also had an experience with a baboon as you can see in the photo.

The evening item on the agenda involved a sunset cruise on the Zambezi. It was not as nice as the African Queen but there was a lot more food and the staff were much more friendly. It left from the Waterfront Lodge but sent a bus to pick us up at the Portea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home