an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, June 18, 2010

Last Full Day

It is early on our last full day here at Namwianga. I am sitting here in the "Africa Room" of the Hamby House watching the sun come up through the trees. It has truly been a great experience for all of us and I am so blessed to have been here at this time with Keri and Ian. This time has certainly been significant to Ian. He had his 13th birthday at Jordan's Rock in the African Bush. He was baptized in a water trough in the Hamby backyard. He has made a great friend in David that I hope he will stay in touch with through the years. He seems to have developed a real servant's heart. I am usually proud of him. He has certainly made me proud these last few days as he has pitched in to help with the medical mission preparations.

I thought this was a good photo for this post. I have been trying for the last six weeks to capture the Zambian flag blowing in the wind. Yesterday, I got it all stretched out in the wind. I wanted a shot for the IALP presentation in August and decided that this was the shot I wanted. Do you notice anything strange about the flag? I know that the American flag is flown upside down in times of extreme distress but I'm not sure what this means with the Zambian flag. Needless to say, I'm still needing a photo! But it seems somewhat appropriate to post a "distress" signal as we prepare to depart from this wonderful place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home