an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, July 22, 2010

2010 National Scout Jamboree

I have arrived at Fort A. P. Hill (about 30 miles north of Richmond, VA for the 100th Anniversary Scout Jamboree. I, and 9000 of my closest friends and on staff and are here to get ready for the 40,000 Boy Scouts which arrive on Monday. I am working in one of the Trading Posts and we are stocking it for our opening on Saturday. It is 1000 degrees F in the shade and we are sleeping in military tents. We have electricity, so we have fans and lights. The Scouts do not, so I have a battery operated fan awaiting Ian.

He is traveling with the Arkansas group and they are exploring Gettysburg tomorrow before heading on to Washington, D.C. I have some photos and will try to post them tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm going to get a shower and cool off before trying to sleep. I know, TMI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home