an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Strange Weather and Ants


There is now a crowd here at Namwianga. Everyone made it safely and there were only two suitcases misplaced in Jo-berg (and those were picked up today to be delivered here tonight.


We also survived the ant attack the other night. The bites are very painful and both of us had several before they were repelled. Ellie Hamby bought some more Doom (their insect poison and there were several cans on the shelf when we went to bed last night. I’m glad because at midnight, Justin, our watchman, banged on my window and said, “Mister, mister, the ants are swarming again and I need some poison. He got rid of them but it makes me happy we had Justin,


The weather is also strange. It is very humid and it rained again this afternoon. No one here has ever seen anything like it. It makes for some nice photos however.


Life here is very active now that Ellie has returned. She is certainly a force to be reckoned with. We have the documentary film being made while we are here. I’m glad Ellie is here and I certainly hope that she has a part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home