an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, June 03, 2011

Apple Cake Friday

Yesterday was fairly uneventful. Ian and I ran into town early to get some additional phone minutes. We did a quick run through the market to look for some additional chitanges for Mrs. Moono to use to make some thinks he wants to get for people. Everyone knows us and knows that we are looking for chitanges so the price is going up. We can still find a reasonable price or two but most have become very costly.

Yesterday afternoon, Mr. Roy and David brought some sugarcane by for Ian. They knew he wanted to try it so got him a stick while they were out. They stopped back by and brought enough for everyone to try. I tried it afterwards. It probably isn't something I would seek out, but I'm really glad I tried it. Zambia ia a big sugar producer and they are planning to extend their production of cane to generate molassas for the production of ethenol. We dry through the plantations at Mazabuka on our way from Lusaka to Namwianga. My Dad talked about chewing sugarcane when he was a child so now Ian and I have both had that experience. Ian is spending the night with David at Eric's Place tonight. He should have some stories tomorrow.

Today we found a cameleon on the ground. I took lots of photos and Ian played with it for hours. He even named it but agreed that we couldn't take it home. It was amazing to watch it change colors depending on where it was placed.

We had a huge lunch today with apple cake and vanilla ice cream for dessert. I know, I know, we are really roughing it here in Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home