an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday

It was a typical work day here in Zambia with one major exception. We began at 4:30 this morning, in order to see the astronomical allignment of the planets with the moon. It was neat but I'm afraid we didn't get the entire effect. We were either a little early or a little late. The rest of the day was a typical Monday. The kids are falling into a routine and willing to work a little harder for us. The infants are eating better and more willing to lay on their stomachs. We are pushing them to strengthen their upper bodies to sit up and crawl and they are resisting us less.

I am enjoying walking to and from the Haven. As I mentioned earlier, it is about a mile and a half through the bush. It really makes you aware that you are in Africa as you walk along. Hopefully, it will also help me get my exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home