an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, May 23, 2011

I Shall Not Die

“I shall not die, but I shall live and recount the deeds of the Lord. Psalm 118:17”

This was written on a sheet of paper taped to the wall with a bandaid in one of the rooms in Haven 3 today. We are just meeting these children and someone left this special prayer here for this child.

It has been a good day (and a very tiring one). We laid all the gifts (diapers, covers, jumpers, blankets, etc.) out on the table in Haven 1 and I am amazed how much we were able to cram into our suitcases. Thanks to all of you that contributed to these items. I can assure you that they were greatly appreciated. We are diagnosing (informally) all the kiddos to determine what we need to do over the next several weeks. There are a number of swallowing/feeding kids, some special needs kids, and a great number in need of language stimulation. It will be a busy time here. There was a lot more interacting with the kids and our signs about how to do things were still up. I’m sensing that we are making progress.

Spent some time with two of my dear ones today. Hamilton is a little brick and seems to be progressing well. Can you believe that this is the kid who was dying in our arms last summer? He’s still behind in language but seems to be ready to move ahead. Kritz is walking but not talking at all. He is still exhibiting characteristics on the spectrum, but appears to be healthy. Ian spent a lot of time with him today and got him to smile once, but I didn’t see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home