an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, May 19, 2011

We Have Arrived!

We left Memphis at 12:00 on Tuesday and we landed here in Lusaka at around 2:30 pm. It was good to finally arrive and walk away from any more flights. I can remember when flying was an exciting adventure. Now it is such a pain. When we get our group flights through the Harding Travel Service, you can't ask for seat assignments. Now that the US Airlines are expanding the number of seats in economy so that they can cram in big dollar seats in "business" etc., it is just plain painful for me to fly. My knees are crammed up against the seat in front of me and I'm always stuck in the middle (on this trip anyway). One of the reasons I like Ethiopian Air is that they haven't gotten as bad as the U.S. carriers. It was still a long, long trip but we all made it and we are resting here in Lusaka tonight. Tomorrow we will head on to Namwianga, which is 5-6 hours away.

We all ate at Rapsody's tonight along with the drivers who have come to take us back. Beckie and I had also invited a speech-language pathology student who took a year off from Case-Western Reserve and an audiologist who practices here in Lusaka. We got a lot of new ideas that we will try to make work as we continue with this project.

I will try to include some pictures tomorrow. BTW: We saw Mt. Kilimanjaro from the plane window today. I was thrilled to finally see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home